- Cookies make websites work better
- Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites or sometimes by emails.
- They provide useful information to companies, which help in all sorts of ways. For you, it means you can use the site more efficiently and save time by not having to re-enter your details each time you visit. For us, cookies help us to analyse how our customers interact with our website so we can make improvements.
- We use two types of cookies on our websites, Session cookies that are deleted after each visit and Third party cookies that are used by our approved business partners. Some of these cookies are essential and some are optional.
- Certain cookies are necessary in order for you to use our websites. These are used 'in-session' each time you visit and then expire when you leave the site. They're not stored on your computer and they don't contain any personal data. However, you can delete them via your browser if you wish to, but this will restrict the functions that you're able to carry out on our sites.
Here's a list of essential cookies and how we use them:
These enable you to carry out some essential functions on our sites, such as maintaining log in details for the session or a transaction. They also help by minimising the need to transfer information across the internet. They are not stored on your computer and they expire when you terminate your browser session.
These enable us to recognise repeat visitors to the site. By matching an anonymous, randomly generated identifier, we're able to record specific browsing information such as how you arrive at the site, the pages you view, options you select, and the path you take through the site. By monitoring this information we're able to make improvements to our sites.
We use Google Analytics's software to analyse page use, page interactions and the routes our customers take through our sites. These are known as 'web metrics'. We don't record any personal information you provide during an on-site purchase or any other process
You can accept or block cookies
You can block any cookies from any website through your browser settings.
Find out more
You'll find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org, which gives details on how to delete cookies from your computer. For information on how to do this on your mobile phone browser, please see your handset manual.